Folgers and Fine Motor: Media Project Showcase


Reflection
        For this particular assignment, it admittedly took a lot of time for me to come up with an intervention that was not only meaningful but functional for my client Harris. It was not until I started zeroing in on specific occupations that were meaningful to Harris that I was then able to come up with some possible options for therapeutic intervention. Once I had done that it became easier for me to implement an intervention for Harris that was not only useful, but that made use of an activity he enjoyed doing. This is a reason why I chose to make use of his ticket stubs in Harris’s therapy as that is not only interesting to him but also is an encourager to keep him moving and going out to the movies, a weekly activity he has enjoyed in his life.
    As a result of having to create an intervention measure, I feel as though my thought process has shifted further towards looking first at what is meaningful to the client. I feel like completing this project will be beneficial to me in the long run as it has challenged me to think more making use of a top-down approach and how to strive to reach the client’s goals they set for themselves. However, everything the client wishes to achieve may not be attainable and I additionally learned this is important when it comes to goal-writing. The use of creativity and knowledge of the client-centered approach was very important in this process which is also imperative in the field of Occupational Therapy.  

Comments

Popular Posts